Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Noisy

So, apparently, we're noisy. Our downstairs neighbor just came up to request that we control our three year old a little better. Ok, she didn't say it like that, but it was clearly implied. She had a rough day today, and Rachael has already woken her four month old baby up twice today.
I'm really not MAD, and not super annoyed, just bugged. And I also understand where she is coming from, but all I can say is this: What would you like me to do? She's three.
It is a known fact to mothers of toddlers, they get wound up when bedtime starts to roll around. Trust me, downstairs neighbor, no one wants her to be calm more than me, but at around 7, after she's passed her crazy tantrum throwing time of the day, she gets hyper. It doesn't help that daddy comes home at that time and she wants to play with him, and I want to let her play with him. She said that she realizes that in about two years she'll have to deal with her kid being crazy, but still... she doesn't understand what it takes to control an uncontrollable child. And its only going to get worse as Whitney becomes mobile.
I have two suggestions: 1: purchase a noisemaker 2: move to a place where you won't be inconvenienced by other people's obnoxious children.
It was Nate who answered the door (I'm still in my jammies with mascara half way down my face and bra-less... My current appearance would not have helped her bad day.) and he basically told her that we'll do our best. I love him. He totally gets me, and is nicer than me. And we really will try, but we didn't promise anything. We currently have Primary songs playing, hoping to calm the crazies inside of Rachael down.
Someday we'll have our own place where our children can run wild without annoying anyone but me. Someday... But for now we'll just have to tough out this year lease we've got and next time move to a floor level apartment so we can deal with other people's noise, not them dealing with ours.

It also didn't help that Rachael has been
crazy running around in just her panties.
We're so white trash.

4 comments:

Case and Lexi said...

Erin, I seriously giggle so much when I read your blog, It makes me miss you lots and lots! White trash! I love it! I totally feel like that sometimes! I miss you and thanks for always commenting on my blog! I am so glad Kaysen is getting better too! It relieves so much stress! And I agree whitney and him HAVE to be best friends! Some day I know we will live close enough that we can play more! But... I am thinking a California get away does not sound so bad either! So perhaps we shall come visit sometime! Until then I love you and I hope all is well for you! Your girls are absolutely darling! I can not believe how much Rachel has grown up! anyways talk to you later!

Brooke Bennett said...

I so know how it is with noisy kids. I live on my in-laws property (not attached to their house) and want to move so bad, but I don't want to live in an apartment because I know I can't control my 4 kiddos. Good luck with it all!

Bret and Britni said...

haha white trash? Dang. I was a white trash kid til I was 5 then... I always loved running around in my undies! haha. Well, this is a toughy. Because, like you said, it is easy to see where your neighbor is coming from... but then again, what the hey are you supposed to do?! Seriously. Hopefully she doesn't expect much, kids are kids... and that's how it should be.

Alyosha said...

She complained about noise at 7 pm? Your neighbor is nuts.