Saturday, September 10, 2011

Get Over It

So lately I've been thinking about things I've done wrong when raising my kids. Ok, not wrong, just things I wish I would have done that I didn't do. There is a LOT. But here are some things I need to get over, and not just about kids, about life.

  • That I didn't blog thru my first pregnancy/Rachael's first three months of life.
  • That I haven't kept track of every single paper from the Pediatrician stating the girl's stats. I don't know how big Rachael was when she was two months old, and that makes me sad.
  • That I haven't taken pictures of my girls in the same outfits. Some, but not too much...
  • That I don't have any coordinating furniture. Our life has just been crazy, and this is the first time ever that we've had a steady income, therefore we have a crazy mixture of furniture/decor.
  • That I can't go back in time and do all of the DANG cute ideas I see on pinterest.
  • That we don't have a second car... This is a BIG one to get over.
  • That Rachael loves Mickey Mouse more than she loves to read. Believe me, I've tried to read to her in the middle of the day, she wants none of it. Only bedtime.
  • That Rachael isn't in school anymore, therefore I don't get a break in the morning... Also a big one.

How do I keep myself from beating myself up over these things? The guilt that comes with motherhood is RIDICULOUS!

3 comments:

The Meachams said...

I wish I knew the answer to this one! I also wish I could not feel guilty about things I haven't done/want to do (like switching Roslyn over to real milk a WHOLE month early) with Roslyn! I think it's like you said you just have to let it go. Do the best you can the next time around or just in the future in general. You can't go back in time and change it (Darn it, I wish I could. Maybe this comment is more for me lol).

Stefani said...

Just remember you are always doing the best you can with what you know right now and with what you can handle. Regret and guilt only weigh you down. Move forward with joy!

Unknown said...

That ol' Satan is trying to make you feel bad for stuff you really don't need to feel bad for!