Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ducks and Just Plain Sweet

On Sunday evening we went to a nearby lake and fed the ducks and geese. Rachael LOVED it! I was kind of in panic mode because she was getting so close to the edge of the water, but we all came out completely dry. This will definitely be something we do often.


And here is my sweet little angel baby. I'm so thankful to have such a good baby. She loves her big sister so much and smiles whenever she sees her. Or if Whitney is crying, then Rach pitches a fit, Whitney will stop crying until Rachael has gotten it out. Seriously, if babies are patient, Whitney is definitely a patient baby. I love her more and more each day!


The girls went to the doctor today. Rachael is just over 39 inches tall (90th percentile) and just under 39 pounds (95th percentile). Whitney is just over 25 inches (97th percentile) and weighs 14.8 pounds (97th percentile) and her head is 41 1/2 cm (I think 85th percentile). They're both tall, evenly proportioned, healthy girls! Man, oh man, it is SO sad watching your baby getting shots. Rachael didn't need any shots, just the flu nose mist and a toe prick to check her iron, but Whitney needed FOUR shots, plus one orally. The saddest part about it was she was giving the nurse a huge smile right when the needle went in. :( She hasn't been too grumpy today with her sore little legs, just not napping so good, which I can understand.
Rachael has her last day of pre-preschool tomorrow. In just these three weeks she's been going to class she's improved SO much! She's using a few two word sentences, like thank you (dit doo), and been trying to say more words. Don't hurt me for saying this, but I secretly hope she doesn't get any better because she still really needs to get into this district program. Hopefully I still ride my bike even though I won't have to go pick her up anymore. Trips to the park I suppose...

3 comments:

MSR said...

Wow! Rachael looks so grown up and so happy to be with those ducks, lol! The baby is "super healthy" too!! Can't wait to see them in Dec!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! You made that head bow!! Good work. I wish we could get Brielle and Whitney together in their matching head-bows :).

Bret and Britni said...

What a sweety Whitney is! I can't wait to hold her. Rachael is looking so tall, and I love her little piggy tails! So presh. I am glad to hear she is doing better with school! Sounds like the program is great for her!