Friday, November 13, 2009

Twizenty Thrizee

Yep, it is that time of year again. My birthday! This was such a good one too! Lots of love and well wishes from my friends and family, and a chance to catch up, even just for a second, with some of my oldest, truest friends. It has been nice because Nate is now only working on Saturdays so he came home at around 1:30 (with my favorite flower, daisies, in hand) today and didn't leave my sight for the rest of the night (in fact, he is sitting right over there on the couch). He was so sweet and thoughtful with my gifts. He gave me the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice (yeeeeeeeees!! Anyone want to come watch it with me??), an amazing scented candle, a book called The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans (reccomended to him by someone at Deseret Book. Anyone ever heard of it? I look forward to reading it!), $20 to Wingers and the expensive movie theatre (a treat we rarely partake of), and some delicious Lindor truffles (a treat only partaken of on birthdays and Christmas). Thank you, babe! I love everything! Rachael gave me an amazing present. She decided around 11:30 last night that she wanted to spend some quality time with me. So we did. All night long. On the couch. I don't know what the problem was, but I think it might have been a sore tummy... Poor kid. She went to sleep wonderfully at about 8 this morning (as did I) and we slept until about 12. This evening we went to the local Thai restaurant with our friends (who we hope will be coming with us on our potential Thailand trip this coming April/May), Chris and Tani Bree Stevenson, then we headed over for a rousing game of black light mini golf. I, of course, lost, because I was not put on this earth to play sports of any kind. Tani has a big important test to take in the morning so they peaced out after that, but Nate and I still had about 50 minutes till a movie started so we headed to the arcade, paid $3 and won about 200 tickets playing "Deal or No Deal" which was SO fun! (We now have a tab of tickets at that arcade, so we need to go back and win something!!) After that we headed over to the theatre and watched "Love Happens." I shed a tear or two, and we came home to Nate's sweet parents dozing on the couch (thanks for watching Rachael!!). And now, with 12 minutes left of this day, I'm off to make hot chocolate and cozy up next to my husband! Adios, birthday, for one more year!

*Oh, I also stopped answering my phone at around 5 to hit the town, so sorry if you called after that and I couldn't answer! I'll call you tomorrow!*

1 comment:

Stefani said...

I'll be right over to watch P&P. Happy Birthday!