Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Top Ten

Nate's older brother has a friend who once said, "Parenthood is a life of inconvenience." (Or something to that affect...) Well I have made up a list of Top Ten Reasons why Parenthood is NOT an inconvenience, even though this list basically focuses on motherhood.



10. You have several board books memorized, very handy if you ever need a poem about the alphabet or forget your animal sounds

9. People understand (or they SHOULD) if you look like garbage on occasion (although I personally try to avoid that, but hey, it happens)

8. Naps, although I hear those go down significantly when you have a second child.

7. If you have a toddler you always have snacks on hand, be it pretzels, crasins, marshmallows, whatever... very handy.

6. You get to practice your singing nightly while keeping up with your favorite primary songs, with no judgment attached (unless your husband is listening at the door, haha, but even thats OK cuz he loves your voice too!)
5. People love to do stuff for you, especially if you are pregnant.

4. You lose weight (well... some do. Most do if they nurse.)

3. It must be said. You don't have to endure "that time of the month" for at LEAST nine months. I personally went about 21 because of nursing and they were amazing!

2. Baby wipes. I'm pretty sure I'll still keep bags lying around even after I'm done having kids...

And finally...

1. No matter how many purses, necklaces, earrings, scarves, etc... you may have, a kid is THE cutest accessory you could ever hope to have. And you get compliments on it all the time.



So all in all, I think being a mom is a pretty sweet gig.

3 comments:

Stefani said...

This is a great list. I still have several books memorized. They came in handy at Girls Camp this year. I loved going in the nursery and chowing down on the "extra" snacks that I brought to church. And yes we still have wipes around. I know, it probably seems weird when a 40 something buys the huge box of Costco wipe... but, I don't care.

Lisa said...

completely agreed...especially the accessory part...nobody notices if it's been 2 days since you took a shower 'cause the baby on your hip is adorable! I wouldn't trade being a mommy for anything.

Sam said...

I love the list. It's true being a Mommy is the best and we're better for it.

Miss you!