Sunday, October 4, 2009

Poke It

So my friend Sam and I were talking the other day about when kids typically start using utensils. She said she has a friend whose kid was eating with utensils by the time she was 15 months. Well Rachael has been an extremely picky eater as of late, especially when it comes to veggies. (I've attributed it to teething, which I'm sure is partly to blame.) But I figured lets try letting her "feed herself!" As you can see, we were victorious! It takes a little more time, but she ate like 10 of these little carrot pieces. Amazing! I should probably invest in some toddler forks and spoons (I'm pretty sure they're out there...) so she doesn't poke her eye out, cuz she probably would.

(The video is a little shakey cuz I was watching the kid... Sorry)

3 comments:

erin said...

go rachael!

Sam said...

We really tried to get Lexi to eat some Mac-n-Cheese with a spoon yesterday and she did well. I think I just have to other her forks and spoons every meal because it takes practice.

Look at our girls grow up!

Melanie and Curtis said...

Way to go Rachael. You are so grown up now. Evey should take lessons from you!