Monday, October 26, 2009

Puke

So, last night was an interesting night... I put Rachael down at about 9:30 and she was SO tired! She was crying for a bit and wouldn't calm down. Finally after a nice little rock on the swing outside and a dose of children's tylenol she calmed down and fell asleep on my chest. I could just feel something was wrong because she was not acting like herself. Long story short, I brought her to bed with me and after about four hours of restlessness I picked her up and the poor little kid started to throw up. All over me and the bed. Gross. But I didn't react the way I always thought I would. I don't even know why I'm blogging about this, sorry if you're grossed out. I think I'm just marveling at being a mom again. Even when Rachael was an infant she only spit up a total of no more than 10 times in her entire life, so I thought actual vomit would send me over the edge. Don't get me wrong, it was still gross, but my only focus was making my baby feel better. Since I was all alone in the room we're staying in I just had to let her keep going. I could tell she immediately felt better. I called my sister's phone 3 times before she answered and I asked her to get my mom. Basically it took all three of us to bathe Rachael and get the sheets and dirty jammies under control. My mom got the mess into the washer and I took a shower at 5 a.m. Thanks for letting me express these weird emotions I'm having about vomit...

The really weird thing is she didn't have a fever and she had been her normal happy self all day yesterday and is happy today so I know its not the flu... oh, being a mom.

4 comments:

Stefani said...

Awww, so sorry. It was eventually inevitable though, it was nice you had someone to help you out. BTW, I love the Title ;)

Lisa said...

When I saw the title I was thinking there would be a picture of Rachael with puke all over her. It's funny, I always told people I hoped my babies wouldn't spit up alot because I hate puke. Surely enough Jake was the pukiest baby I ever met! And it doesn't even phase me.

Brooke Bennett said...

Isn't it crazy how things change when we become Moms?!? That's nice that you were where your Mom could help out with things!

Lindsey said...

Remember how the ENTIRE upstairs smelled of puke.Poor baby!