Saturday, April 11, 2009

WICKED!!

So I have really been wanting to see a Broadway show but just haven't splurged yet. A few years ago I came out to NYC with my dance company and saw a few shows, Wicked with the original cast included. It is my favorite musical so I really wanted Nate to see it, and he knows some of the songs because I always listen to the soundtrack. On Thursday I took the baby to the Wicked lottery (hundreds of people enter their names and they only pick 13 people to win two front row tickets). I didn't win. Then yesterday afternoon Nate got off early enough to enter his name, and I met him there with my friend Rachael. Well... Rachael's name got picked!! She was so sweet to give us the tickets that she technically won, and then she took the baby for the night. She is amazing! Not to mention lucky... Well needless to say, it was amazing being on the front row! Nate even mentioned how the main character Elphaba was looking at him while she was singing. Pretty cool!! Thanks so much Rachael, it was an amazing experience and one that we will never forget!!

This proves we were on front row. This was our view of the pit orchestra.


This was what we saw when we looked up.

I told Nate to smile but he decided against it.

2 comments:

Riss said...

Front row-that's so awesome!!! I hope I can see that play SOMEday. :)

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

You are so welcome. We love you guys!