Friday, April 24, 2009

We're outa here!

I know it might sound crazy to some, but I am so done with this whole city living. Some people were meant for it and some werent. I'm one who is not. Don't get me wrong, its been fun and a great experience but I'm over it. I don't know quite what it is, probably a lot of things. I'll list them here:
  • The gazillions of people who are everywhere except in my apartment
  • Having to use the stroller to get everywhere among those gazillions of people (I don't mind the walking though)
  • Being in the fashion capital of the country and not being able to find any clothes that I like
  • Living in a ridiculously small apartment
  • Having a child right on the verge of crawling but not having enough room to do it so she fusses because she is bored and wants something to do
  • Our mattress that sinks in the middle
  • Wondering if I'm getting a foot disease every time I take a shower
  • Wondering if cockroaches have been running all over it
  • (This new, smaller apartment is the starting place of most of my woes)
I'm not sitting around moping and crying about all this stuff, its just stuff I've been thinking about. Now I'm in the last stage of my packing which is the most stressful, so I'm gonna just do it. We're on our way to North Carolina tomorrow for a week filled of fun!! Then STG for a few days, then back to Rexburg. I never thought I'd be so excited about it but I've got big plans for the next 8 months. See you soon!!
Here are some pics from our last weekend trip to the Central Park Zoo (Nothing like Madagasgar, I was ticked). It was a beautiful day and Rachael was soooo cute! (as usual)

She's been doing this head tilt lately, and she knows shes being adorable.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Yay for moving! We're getting to the packing stage too. :) Rachael is SO cute! Good luck getting everything moved! I'd offer to help.. but you know. Maybe if I lived there it'd be different! :)

Riss said...

I wanna see you when you're here! I agree with you in not wanting to live in a big city. They're fun to visit, but I would never want to live in one...

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

THat has got to be the most adorable picture of Rachael ever with her little head tilt! I love it. Hope you guys are having fun in NC!