Thursday, March 12, 2009

NYC vs Idaho/Utah

Here is a list of why I love living in NYC and also a list of things I miss about the west. I think this list will end up getting longer, but right now this is what I've got.

I (heart) NYC:
Being able to say I lived in NYC
Restaurant delivery
Grocery delivery (sweet!)
Walking a ton and getting exercise
The ward playgroup
My MacLaren stroller
Thrift stores
The laundromat employees who LOVE Rachael
Quality time with Nate (not quantity :( I'm trying to be positive)
Pigeons
Hundreds of dogs wearing sweaters
Our cute apartment (pre-war, how cool is that?)
Our chapel (Relief Society on the 5th floor)
All of Rachael's firsts (subway, teeth, swings)
Our toilet that is slightly askew
The hot pipe in the bathroom that warms the bathmat
The outrageous speed of the flushing toilet (like an airplane, I kid you not)
Our huge HD television
How everyone we walk by loves Rachael and smiles at her

What I miss about the west:
Family
Wal-Mart
Mothers who are younger than 23 (I'm the odd ball in the ward)
The D.I.
A washer and dryer
Seeing my hubby
Having a bank
Outlets in the bathroom (even though Nate just barely found one, post to come)
Albertson's/Broulim's
Cheap cereal
WIC
Dollar stores
Mallory the Malibu

As a side note, here are a few things I'm not such a fan of about NYC:
Dog runs (a place where dogs can go and poop, its stinky)
Dog poop on the sidewalk
How cold it has been lately
Pigeons (I know this was something on the I love NYC list, but its a mixed feeling)
Unfriendly cashiers EVERYWHERE! Even at the pharmacy :(
Having to move to a different apartment in 3 weeks because we're staying here longer


I'm sure I could expound on a lot more and add a lot more, but that's it for now.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Love this post - what a fun experience!! Have I told you how excited we are for your visit....totally excited!!

● C E L I N A ● said...

I also love your AMZING flushing toilet.

I burned my hand on the hot pipe on the bathroom.

I miss new york...sad

Riss said...

You can't find cheap cereal there? weird...