Monday, March 23, 2009

Gramsicle and Pompa

Lil' Miss Smiley in her cute orange hat grandma bought her!

Enjoying her carrots. Thank heaven for bibs!

First time on the beach. Too bad it was such a chilly day...

One big happy family on Coney Island.

Apparently she had a rough day at church... But cute outfit from gramma!!

This last week was SUPER fun. My mom got here last tuesday morning and my dad on thursday. We had tons of fun every day. Tuesday Nate amazingly had a day off because he has been putting in so many hours. We decided to head toward Central Park to watch the St. Patty's Day parade (which consisted of bagpipes and people walking down the street, not TOO exciting). There were plenty of people but we just meandered thru the park. On wednesday my mom and I went to the mall in New Jersey and bought hardly anything! Thursday my dad got in but still had a little work to do so he stayed with the baby and my mom and I went thrift store shopping and got some books. That night my mom and I went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic (HILARIOUS) because I'm a doofas and didn't plan ahead for some Broadway tickets. Friday we went to Chinatown and spent a lot of time in the shady back rooms looking at knock-off purses (surprisingly we didn't find one we liked so we both bought one in the normal shops). We met Nate at work after seeing Grand Central Station and meandered thru Times Square (too many people!) We took a taxi home which was fun. Saturday we had lunch with a friend of my dad's. Then we meandered thru the park again and found the Zoo which was about to close so we decided to not go. That night (after going to Ground Zero and walking on the Brooklyn Bridge)my wonderful parents watched Rachael while Nate and I went to a movie (Taken, which was pretty good!). After church on sunday we made the long haul to Brooklyn to check out Coney Island. It was fun to take Rachael to the ocean but other than that the place was... not as cool as I had expected. But it was a fun experience. Now my parents have left and I'm alone with the baby yet again :( Its crazy our time here is more than half way over and this weekend we have to move to a different apartment so that will give me something to do. Thanks for playing with us mom and dad, it was SO fun!!


She fell asleep on grandma while we were at the movie. Aww!

Apparently she loves riding in taxis.

Swinging with grandpa

She was so over the stroller and fell asleep on grandpa instead.

4 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Aw, Rachael is getting cuter everyday. I just want to eat her up..what a sweet smile she has while in the taxi. It's so great that your parents got to come see where you are. Good luck with your move.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Rachael is growing up. She has already changed to much and we miss her lots. She is such a happy and cute girl. It sounds like you are making the most of your time there and having lots of fun. Give Rachael a big hug and kiss from all of us (especially Abigail - she talks about the three of you as always :)). All our love!

Stefani said...

She needs to wear her orange hat WHILE she is eating carrots. She would be so color coordinated. Cute pics. I thought the one of you in the taxi was your mom, at first. You look a ton alike.

We had fun with your dad while he was out a couple of weeks ago.

● C E L I N A ● said...

looks like you guys has a TON of fun! I hope you are loving it still. Are you getting sad to leave?