Saturday, April 28, 2012

FIVE YEARS!

Forgive me for my neglect in not posting on this momentous occasion earlier. Nate and I recently celebrated our five year anniversary, woot woot! I can't believe its been that long, time FLIES! Allow me to brag about our marriage for a minute, won't you?

1. Nate and I work extremely well together. We never have disagreements for very long, we're talking 10 minutes max. For reals.
2. Nate and I never fight. Disagreements, sure (see above), but fights? Nope.
3. People always say how the first few years of marriage are "hard." Negatory. We have always found marriage to be simple. Put the other person's happiness first and don't whine about dumb stuff, not too tough.
4. We've got big plans for our future. Who knows if they'll come to pass, but we're planning an awesome life!
5. We support each others parenting choices. Ok, in front of the girls (aka Rachael) we support, and we discuss later. Our kids need to know we're on the same team and if mom says no, dad says no, and vice versa.
6. Nate is accepting that our home doesn't look perfect when he gets home, and that sometimes dinner isn't ready. And I accept that his work hours are freaking ridiculous!
7. We both believe firmly that I need to be home for our children. We've both had confirmation that if I'm home with our children and not working in a career, we will always have enough. (As long as we're living within our means.)
8. We are both frugal, not cheap. (Disclaimer: Now that we actually have an income, though its not much, its more than what it was in the past. Nothing. So if I want to buy some new kitchen towels, guess what, I'm gonna get some.)
9. We both know the other is not perfect, but we're not constantly trying to change the other person. (Example: When Nate is drinking something delicious, pop, juice, what have you, he is L.O.U.D. I've accepted it, and don't try to get him to stop. Tease him about it? You bet.)
10. We love each other and our little family more than anything!

For our anniversary this year, we did a babysitting swap with some friends, so Nate and I went car shopping and test drove a few cars. (I was hoping we'd get one, but no such luck... yet.) Then we went out to dinner. It may sound lame, and maybe it was for a five year celebration. Once my mom is done working for the year, we're planning on having a little camping get away once I'm done nursing the babe. (We also tossed around the idea of going on a cheap cruise since we live so close to the ports, but we're saving up for a Thailand trip, possibly later this year, woot woot!) Love you, Naterbug! I'm looking forward to Eternity with you!

(P.S. I tried to upload a section of our wedding video for your viewing pleasure, but it wouldn't work. Lame-o.)

4 comments:

Cortney said...

aww happy anniversay you two! 5 years! thats awesome :) you guys are such a great couple and we miss you so much!

Brooke Bennett said...

Happy Anniversary! Nowadays 5 years is a big accomplishment! You little family is super cute!

Stefani said...

Thank you! I feel uplifted. Happy Anniversary!

Kristin said...

I thought about you on the big day (it's easy to remember since that is the day David proposed to me ;). Happy 5 years! I agree with you on your marriage pointers- they work! :)