Monday, February 13, 2012

Hard

Lately I've been having a tough time. I don't know what it is. Maybe its the fact that I'm stuck at home all day. Maybe its the thought that Nate is going to be gone a lot because Tax Season is heavily upon us. Maybe I'm pregnant. (JUST KIDDING! I'm not pregnant, I can assure you!) Who knows what it is, all I know is that sometimes it takes all of my will power to haul myself out of bed in the morning and do the same thing I did yesterday. I'm trying to have a good attitude. I see quotes on Pinterest that say, "If you want to be happy, be." Or, "Happiness is a choice." Well, whoever wrote/pinned those, I can assure you, didn't feel trapped in their own tiny apartment. I feel like I don't do ANYTHING. I almost bought a table and chair set today that badly needed a facelift, just to give me a chance to do something. (I 100% would have bought it, THIRTY BUCKS!, except they couldn't deliver it to me... total bummer...) Its annoying that I can't do anything, because I love to be crafty! I love scrapbooking, making bows, I want to bust out my sewing machine and sew the girls a skirt or something, but I feel like I have no room and it would just be more of a nightmare than anything. And it doesn't help that my neighbors are at it again, coming up to tell us to keep our kid quiet. UGH. I told Nate that once our lease is up we're either moving to a bigger apartment/townhouse or we're getting another car because I can't live another year like this. We've had one car our whole marriage, almost five years, and we've owned it for three of those years. It is truly a matter of my sanity. Thanks for letting me vent. Felt good.

P.S. Rachael and Whitney are now sharing a room, so at least I have a small part of my life that I can keep kid-free. The transition has been smoother than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh Erin. I feel for you girl. It's hard being stuck at home every day. Break out that sewing machine anyway girl. It's worth it. Make sure you do something for you every day. I have found that to be so crucial to my sanity. The best thing I ever learned was to leave the house a mess sometimes and read a book. Doing that I some how find the energy for everything else. Love ya lots!