Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dream Come True

So yesterday, I went to a Hair Show with my friend, Stephanie. For those of you who don't know, a hair show is just a trade show for cosmetologists. You don't always have to be licensed, but for this one you did. It was SO AMAZING and I'm so glad Stephanie went with me! I got to just leave the girls with Nate for like seven hours and immerse myself in the industry which I really love. I got to see new techniques for hair cuts, new products, new ideas, everything! (They had this UH-MAZING double barrel curling iron that I wanted so bad, but they were like 80 bucks and it'd be too hard to do on myself. One day!) I did get some fun products (Root lifter in powder form! Who knew? And a heat proof glove which will come in handy when doing upside down curls.) But I DID get some super-duper fun clip in extensions! Sorry, the picture isn't the greatest, and my roots REALLY need a touch up, but I wore them to church today and felt so glamorous! I've always dreamed of having long flowing locks, but my hair is too thin and fine and lame to grow out. These extensions were only $45, and they're real human hair. (You may find that creepy, but it just means I can curl, straighten, color, whatever to the hair. But, I probably will do nothing but curl and wash it.) I. LOVE. THESE. EXTENSIONS. It only took me like five minutes to put them in, and they blended fairly well. I would recommend getting some clip in extensions if you don't want to spend hundreds (literally, hundreds) of dollars on "official" extensions. I will not be putting them in every day, only when I have somewhere to go. (AKA: Church. Hey, it is what it is...) I'm excited to go to another Hair Show soon(ish)!

3 comments:

Stefani said...

After months of my hair stylist telling me to get the powdered root lifter I finally did. It's good stuff. Maybe the extensions are next ;)

The Meachams said...

Cute extensions! And cute Whitterkins! :D

Riss said...

Whoa those match your hair perfectly! They look so cute. I wish there was a short hair non-extension (meaning I want to try short hair for a day).