Sunday, December 11, 2011

Random

Bear with me... This annoys me.
We're sitting here watching the news (ok, Nate was watching the Sports segment of the news, and I was brushing my teeth... Its no secret I'm not a sports fan.) and a story came on about the best hitter in Major League Baseball just signing a new contract with LA Angels. His ten year contract is for 254 million dollars. TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FOUR MILLION DOLLARS! That is freaking insanity! Its also no secret if I had to pick a sport that is my least favorite, hands down, baseball. So boring, so lame. I'm sure he's got talent, I'm sure most professional sports players have talent, but seriously, there are some insanely talented people out there who are struggling to get by. I used to dance when I was in High School, and I LOVED it. It was hard and really pushed me, physically and emotionally. There is a girl at the studio I used to dance at and she is ridiculously, no, OUTRAGEOUSLY talented. So talented, in fact, that she is currently studying at Julliard. Wow, right? This past summer she was doing fund raising and looking for sponsors just to help pay for tuition. Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like it takes more talent (MUCH more talent) to be a dancer and all of the things that entails than to whack a ball and run in a square. So lame. Why does he need that much money? Why is it ok for them to get paid so much and my mom, who is a 2nd grade teacher, shaping the future dancers/baseball players/politicians, gets paid hardly enough to get by? Seriously, I'm not politically inclined (no secret there, either), but this country/world has some messed up priorities if they think that is what is important.

Consider me bugged.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

i could not agree with you more. i had to write a paper in english about professional baseball and had to ask a ton of people if they got paid too much and lots of people did but some people didn't think they got paid too much... is that crazy!! i mean come on.. no one needs that money. give it to teachers! seriously spread it out a little. i hate how people that work hard and are trying there best are barely getting by and people who practice playing and play a couple games win millions. it annoys me too. i could go on and on

The Meachams said...

True that! Hopefully whoever this guy is is one of those people that give back to people in need. But even still, that is a lot of stinkin' money! Give me some! :P