Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ending Holiday Thots


  • I know, I know, I KNOW I need to do some serious blogging!

  • The girls and I have only been in St. George for two weeks, but it literally feels like two months.

  • I'm not gonna lie... I've loved each of them having their own rooms to sleep peacefully in... We had our own too!

  • 2012 is almost here. I'm setting some major goals and I'm sticking to them. For more than just a month. Anyone remember how many times you have to do something before it becomes a habit? 11 o'clock (or earlier) bedtime for me and Nate is one goal, and its the one that needs to happen for so many other goals to happen.

  • Nate and I went to a Thai restaurant yesterday. I whipped out the notebook to discuss our resolutions for 2012. We only got around to one (the bedtime one...). Lets blame it on the delicious food, shall we?

  • I love not overdoing Christmas. Why on EARTH would my three year old need hundreds of dollars worth of Christmas presents? She doesn't. I've decided in our family, we'll spoil kids on their birthdays, but leave Christmas for the true reason. A few presents, but mainly focus on Christ.

  • I promise I'm not complaining about this... Nate got me some really cute boots for Christmas, but there was literally four inches of space around my calves. In our recent quest for replacement boots we had the same problem. I can't decide if I should curse or love my slender calves.

  • I love that our church now starts at 9 a.m. YAY! And in happy/sad news, this time next year, Whitney will be in nursery. Happy because, well, its nursery! And sad because my baby is growing up...

  • BYU football is OVER! But BYU basketball has started... I suppose my husband having one guilty pleasure isn't so bad, but why do the games have to be so blasted long?!

Hope you all had a fantastic Holiday season! I'm looking forward to reading lots of blog posts in the next few weeks. I'll definitely be posting some of my own.

3 comments:

The Meachams said...

I so need the going to bed before 11 o'clock goal at the top of my list! And very good idea about spoiling the kiddos on their birthday and Christmas for focusing on Christ. Happy New Year! :)

Kristin said...

I'm going to go ahead a curse your slender calves because mine are huge! ;) Jk.
Great idea about birthdays/Christmas! I wish I could've been in St. George at the same time as you! We still need to get together! :)

Unknown said...

Brielle is going into nursery in two months :( but it is also so good because she is so ready for it! You'll probably be ready for her to go to nursery by the time it comes around.