Saturday, June 11, 2011

Whitney LaRee

She's here!! And she is GORGEOUS!!!

So here's the story.
As stated in previous post, I had my membranes stripped on Wednesday the 1st, no go. So I had them stripped again at 3 p.m. on Friday the 3rd. After I got home Nate, Rach, and I went to the park. At around 5 I started feeling a strange tightening in my belly and noticed that about every 15 minutes they happened again and again. I texted my mom and told her I thought something might be happening and I'd keep her posted. So, posting her through out the night they were getting closer and closer. She, my dad, and my sister came up around 9 p.m., after the kid was in bed. We spent the evening watching the hilarious show called King of Queens my friend loaned us. (Lifesaver!!) We turned it off at about 1 a.m., but needless to say I did not get much sleep. And by much sleep I mean no sleep. At around 3:30 Nate and I headed to the hospital as my contractions were about 4-6 minutes apart. I got checked in and made it through a few more contractions then asked for my epidural at around 5ish. Glad I asked for it then because it took them a while to get my IV in. Since I was Strep B positive I had to get two rounds of antibiotics in me before I could deliver her. Epidural in, me out. Nate and I took a small nap :) I don't remember times too well, but eventually we woke up, had a nurse switch, had my cervix checked a few times, I was only at about a 5 or 6. I was put on pitocin to hurry things along. At I THINK 9 a.m. Dr. Sanders broke my water (the antibiotics were all in!) so we were all (me, Nate, my mom, and sister) just waiting waiting waiting. At about 10:30 they called the doc in. By the time he got situated and robed It was about 10:40. Three contractions later, TAH DUH! She's here! 10:48 a.m. Enjoy these pictures!! More stories later :)




6 comments:

Amiee said...

She's beautiful!! Congratulations! Glad to hear things went so well!

Brooke Bennett said...

So happy she's here! It was really fun going through pregnancy with due dates close! She's beautiful!!!

P.S. Tell your Mom hi for me!

Melanie and Curtis said...

She is so beautiful Erin and Nate! Thanks for letting me come and see her. I really enjoyed holding and snuggling her. What a special little girl she is! I'm glad it all went well for you!

Stefani said...

YAY! Love the name! How did you pick it. I'm always so interested in stuff like that. Congrats!

Kristin said...

I loved hearing the story and I'm glad it went well for you! She is a sweet little gal!

Bret and Britni said...

How in the WORLD do you look so stunning after giving birth to a child?!?! Sheesh woman!
On another note: I am loving hearing the story of her birth. And I think Whitney is such a beautiful name and it suits her just great. I cannot wait to hold and meet her and tell her I am her favorite-non-aunt Britni!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!