Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Decorating!

Our Christmas decorations are going to be very minimal this year. With our big move to NYC next year, we're trying to sell all of our Christmas decorations before Christmas. How is that going? Not so good, so if you or anyone you know needs some cute but cheap Christmas decor, let me know. But I couldn't let this season pass by without some decorating!
Our tree this year (first time we haven't had a real one) is a loaner from my sister, about 4 feet tall, and is decorated with the decorations we got our first Christmas from the Dollar Store. I actually love these few tiny decorations and have decided not to sell them.

I got a little crafty today! My sister-in-law, Laura, gave me this idea at Halloween to use candy corn, but I neglected my creativity until now. I just used tulle and peppermints on a dollar store Styrofoam wreath. I am obsessed with the way it turned out, and it only took me like 20 minutes! (Minus, the unwrapping of the candies) I just wrapped a long piece of red tulle around the wreath, hot glued the candies on, whipped up a tulle pouf, and tied some more tulle for the bow. UBER cute! And good thing its out of Rachael's reach, she wants to "L, L, L lick" these candies!


MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON!!

6 comments:

Clarissa said...

I LOVE your wreath! My mom made me a candy corn one for Halloween...I didn't think to do it again with pepermints! YOu are very creative!

Kristin said...

Love the wreath idea too! And the cute tree. Do you know when you are moving to NYC?

Stefani said...

Wait a minute! How come I didn't know about this move to NYC, and how come we didn't discuss?

You are right the wreath IS Uber-cute! I might steal the idea.

Sam said...

I LOVE THAT WREATH!!! I want to make one NOW.

amber said...

Super cute wreath! :)

Melanie and Curtis said...

Way to be creative! I just love it! Dollar store items are the best!