Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dance Memories

When I was in High School I danced, a lot. Dancing was the best thing I have ever done. It gave me confidence with my body and with my talents. I stumbled across these pictures and got lost in the memories. I had amazing friends who I still love to this day. We took a trip to NYC (little did I know that I'd be moving there eventually...) and spent hours in the studio and performing. We never danced competitively, nor was I ever on drill team. I just danced because I loved it and it made me feel amazing to use my body as a piece of art. I can't even begin to express how much I miss dancing and I hope to find an adult class to take in Cedar City. I'm also excited to get Rachael started in dance. One year!! (Don't worry, I won't be one of those moms who will pressure her kids to do what she did. If Rachael doesn't love dance, she doesn't have to do it. But she has to give it a good shot first:))
(Can you see me? I'm to the right of the girl in the very center)

These hurt, but they're AMAZING!!



I still have all of these costumes to put in a dress up box someday!

2 comments:

Megan Young said...

I love it! So fun! Thanks for sharing!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

These are awesome! I'm so glad you have pictures of yourself! I never did. I need to scrounge some up from others. Love dancing and love dancing with you more!!