Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Reading

So I've been reading a LOT these last few weeks. Mostly when Rachael goes for her naps, but those are three hours long, plus after she goes to bed. I had a lot of recommendations to read The Hunger Games, and for some reason I was hesitant. I. LOVED. IT. I don't even know why, the plot is kinda morbid, but I literally could not put it down. I finished it in two days, and that's only because I have a child to take care of. (I will admit, Rachael watched more T.V. for those two days cuz I couldn't stop reading.) Luckily, my mom had the sequel ready to go for me, so that took me four days. Amazing! Read them. The last in the trilogy comes out in August and I am SO excited! Since finishing those books, I've since continued reading in a "series." Some of you may know of my undying LOVE of Gone with the Wind. The movie is amazing, I wish I looked like Scarlett O'Hara, and the book is (obviously) 40 times better than the movie. While perusing the books at the D.I., I came across the sequel, Scarlett. It was written in 1992, while the original was published in 1936, so it wasn't the same author but you can't even tell. I can't put this down either. It is like 847 pages and I'm only on page 500ish so I'm glad the story is continuing! I would definitely recommend either of these series to spend your summer with.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I loved Hunger Games too! Although I should've waited until right before the 3rd one came out because I had a little tantrum about not being able to keep reading after book 2!

Lisa said...

as soon as I saw the title Summer Reading I KNEW you were going to post about the Hunger Games. I just finished reading both books (in a total of 3 days!) as well and now I can't wait until August either. I bet you a billion dollars there's already a moving being planned.

Lisa said...

movie not moving*

Unknown said...

I knew you would love it!!! We will have to have book talk after the next one comes out!