Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mind swirlings...

First of all, I LOVE bargain shopping! I love it so much that I think I end up spending more money than if I just regular shopped. The purse-strings are going to be a little tighter this last stretch of the summer, so my D.I. visits and Saturday morning Garage Sale hunts need to be on hold. So sad... I feel no shame wearing clothes from the D.I., in fact, I feel PRIDE. This little outfit up there: $3. Yep, $1 garage sale shirt, $2 D.I. skirt. How cute is Rachael going to look in this?? The answer is ridiculously.
Even though we are SO far away from having a house, I still like to think about what it will look like. (When we build, not when we buy some little home that matches every neighbor within a 3 mile radius) I want my house to have CHARACTER, not just be a box. The above picture (a puzzle at the D.I. I snapped a picture of with my phone) is beautiful! I'd change the colors a bit, don't ask me to what, but there is something to look at. Another pet peeve of mine is when you look at a house an it is all garage! We'll turn ours to the side to hide it a bit... (I don't believe the above house has a garage, or a salon, both of which are musts)
Snapped a picture of this magazine cover today. Nate and I have already decided we want brushed copper appliances (basically the color of the pots on the stove), not stainless steel. I think that color will look beautiful with these cabinets. The only hurdle I can possibly foresee is Nate wanting wood-ish looking cabinets. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I. Want. This. Porch. (The house isn't so bad, its got character) It is big and Nate could put ivey up the columns and we can have a beautiful patio set and eat dinner outside every night in the summer. Amazing. And I LOVE the little patio above it that probably connects to the master suite. And see that bay window off to the side? That's my salon. Just imagine that reeking of bleach and nail polish. Mmmmm!!
So, these are my someday pictures. Keep posted for when these dreams come to fruition! (You'll have to keep posted a LONG time!)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I will stay posted for a LONG time, but I don't mind the dreaming in the meantime!
I would totally go to DI with you if we lived closer. And garage sales. And snap pictures of puzzle boxes. I totally would.

erin said...

one of my dreams is to have a big FRONT patio with patio furniture. a lot of people have back patios, but id love a front one too (like in the last picture)

Stefani said...

I love your mind swirlings! Keep 'em up!

Unknown said...

I totally agree on the bargain shopping! Whenever I get a good deal I always make sure everyone knows how cheap it was! And I have to say that I also love that porch. With those kinds of porches I think it is desirable to have ceiling fans.

I hope you aren't miserable in Rexburg! We miss you guys!

Bret and Britni said...

Word to everything you just said my lady! We're in one of those "Same house as everyone on the block" right now... but that is just temporary and works for us just for now! One day I want a custom house with a wrap-around porch, a backyard, and a room for my studio to teach! It doesn't have to be a big house, I don't require much! Just those few essentials. :) :). One day... that is far down the road, but fun to look forward too! Right?! :)