Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was so much fun! The baby and I actually flew into Las Vegas on Nov. 17th and had my cousin/best friend Britni take us to Mesquite where we met my mom and sister to continue on to STG. It was Rachael's first airplane ride and she was not so much a fan. She woke up right before we took off and was fussier than her usual self the whole way. Thankfully it wasn't a very long ride. Funny though, becuase I thought I had requested an aisle seat so I could walk around with the baby if need be, but I was sitting by one of the few people on this earth who don't prefer a window seat. She was older and had circulation problems and needed to get up and walk around so it wasn't a huge deal. But when the baby wouldn't calm down she said there were a few open seats by the bulkhead so she asked if she could sit there so the baby could lay on the seat. It was so sweet of her and made it easier for me! I'm sure those around me were a little irritated, but she really was not THAT bad. But if you are ever flying and there is a mother or a family with crying children, even though you wish they would be quiet, I promise you no one wishes they were quiet more than their mother, so be patient. Its a good thing the flight was only like an hour and 20 minutes.
So anyways... our week was uneventful because everyone was still working. My friend from high school got married on friday so we went to the temple to wait outside for them and then to the luncheon. My friends loved seeing Rachael and I loved showing her off. That night I went out to dinner with my mom, sister, and auntie mel. Then I went to Marissa's reception while they waited in line at TWILIGHT! I only have one word for that movie, and its a long one. AAAAAAMMMMAAAAZZZZZIIIINNNNGGGGG!!! I truly am not a Twilight fanatic like I am with Harry Potter. I read and enjoyed them all, but that movie was so good! I was slightly irritated with everyone screaming, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I need to go see it again and I'll drag Nate along so that I can see what he thinks about it, never having read the books.


This is Rachael and her cousin who is 10 days younger than her, Liam. They're totally best buddies.
Cute little baby girl!

Oh the annual Turkey Dive. Ok, by annual I mean annually talked about but never actually participated in. Nate, my dad, my little brother, and I all got into our swim suits and jumped into the freezing cold pool in the back yard. AAAAHH! So cold! It was warmer standing beside the pool soaking wet! Nate and I jumped in twice. Unfortunately the person (who shall remain nameless) I recruited to record this event with our video camera neglected to press the record button. I was sad about that but what can you do?
Here is a funny story. My dad was holding my cousin Carter above his head in the pool and my nephew Jace decided it would be funny to lasso grandpa. This picture was taken literally the second before Jace was tugged into the freezing cold pool. Uncle Brenden reached in so fast to take him out. Everyone was afraid he'd be crying but he came out saying "That's not cold! I wanna go swimming!" Clearly he wasn't in there long enough for the cold to hit, but he was whisked away to the bathroom and wrapped in a warm towel while his clothes and undies went into the dryer. Such a funny memory, and I wish someone would have gotten it on video!

My brother Justin was able to come up from Phoenix for this Thanksgiving so that was fun! Nate and I went with him and his friend on the four wheelers on friday for a few hours and that was so fun! I was paranoid the whole time and kept yelling in Nate's ear, "Remember we have a baby to go home to!" We heard a story (after we had taken the quads) about a man in my brother's ward who got in a four wheeler accident and broke his neck and might be paralized :S scary. And every time I go out on the quads I think about my friend Kristin and how when she was young she was on one and got in an accident and gas got all over her. She still had the bow that she was wearing when that happened. Random memory...
We took family pictures in our backyard on saturday before he had to leave and I'll post some of those later when I get the CD.
Just a note: I put Rachael to bed at 11p.m. one night, and she didn't wake up to eat or anything until 11a.m. I am way too blessed!
Nate had to leave on Sunday for some more interviews in NYC. That was an adventure getting him a ride to Provo so his sister could take him to the airport on monday morning. Suffice it to say that a friend's friend's cousin took him. So on monday I went to my auntie Melanie's house and we exchanged tips on how to make bows for out baby girls. That was fun and I'm so excited to start them!! Mel also gave me some of her old baby clothes and let me tell you, Rachael probably has more 3-6 month clothes than I have in my whole wardrobe. But they are all so cute I couldn't let any of them pass me by!
Tuesday I went to lunch with my mama and papa. Well my dad and I took my mom lunch at her school. Then I went to my sister's work and saw all of the cute kids she teaches. Then we went home and I packed. By packed I mean throwing all of the dirty clothes in one suitcase and the clean ones in another. I need to deal with that later. I left for Provo at like 5:30, took a stay alert pill, and sang Christmas songs the whole way to Melissa's house. Rachael slept like a baby and woke up to eat when we got there. I picked Nate up at about 11 and we drove back to Rexburg last night, getting in at 3. The baby is STILL sleeping. She has been awake to eat, but that's about it. I think I'm going to go wake her up.
If you read this whole thing, I'm amazed with you. I just didn't want to forget my fun two weeks! I'm looking forward to Nate's whole family being here next week. I think its next week...
Oh, P.S. Nate got a call this morning offering him an internship at Pricewaterhouse Coopers in January, so all of our planning and hoping has finally come to pass! We're moving to NYC in January!! Anyone know where we can get $6,000+? It'll all work out, right? Right??

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats on the internship! YAY! It will work out, don't you worry. And Twilight, I still need to see it! (And all of the other movies from the past 2 years!)

Melanie and Curtis said...

Glad you made it home safely! It was fun to read about your adventures because some of them were ours! Thanks again for coming to visit. It was so much fun. Give Rachael a kiss..we miss her!

erin said...

glad you got to enjoy thanksgiving with family!