Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Preparations

Even though Nate is currently laid off work at Lone Pine Nursery, we still get $40 toward a tree. I picked out this little beauty. Apparently its a grand fir and it smells SOO good! This was taken last night when we picked it out, but we brought it home and decorated it today. Rachael has had a cold for the last few days but she was a good sport to sit and watch us decorate. Poor little baby also had some shots today. With her having such a rough day I decided to postpone her bath until tomorrow (she's not a fan) and we just played!




Here is the tree getting a ride home on Mallory the Malibu. I've always loved seeing trees strapped to the top of cars. I don't know why. Some day I want to go into the forest and chop one down.
The dead space before...
The beauty after! It looks and smells so much better in real life! The tree isn't really two toned like that... Last year for Christmas Nate and I got all of our decorations from the Dollar store. It wasn't too bad for being as cheap as possible. A few days after Christmas we went to my favorite decorating store in St. George called Tai Pan (there are a few in northern Utah too) and got everything 75% off! It was amazing!! And I still love all of my decorations. There is still something missing, and Nate discovered what it is. I want a garland of jewels to put some more color and sparkle on the tree. If you run across any at a decent price, let me know!
This is Nate putting up lights at his parent's house. He actually likes to do it and it looks amazing after! He is so excited for his family to be here next week and wants everthing to be perfect for when they come. Nate is so cute! (P.S. How cool is this picture?? I got a little creative)


No comments: