Thursday, March 15, 2012

San Diego Zoo

The last few weeks of February Nate was working a lot. A lot, a lot. And I'll be honest, I was borderline depressed from being stuck at home and not seeing him EVER. Then one night he came home with some amazing news. He got Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. So what did we do? On Thursday we went to the San Diego Zoo! It was so much fun, and I was so thankful we were able to go on a day other than Saturday. It was hardly busy at all, and the girls were SO good. We were also lucky that it was a little overcast and slightly chilly, all of the animals were pretty active.
Cute lil Rach :)

Rachael's second favorite part was the sky train. Her first favorite part was the moving walkway that took us up a hill. Actually, the map was her favorite part, she still carries it around.


Whitterkins was just adorable all day. Look at all of her goofy, adorable faces! The last picture is when she fell asleep in the Ergo carrier on my back. Love this kid! (I left her bow in the car... so sad...)


How cute is that last picture with Rachael and Nate? SO cute.

Awesome family picture on the sky train!



^This is Rachael at the Central Park Zoo when she was just about Whitney's age. (Cute, right?)

^I had to snag a turtle picture of my Whitney girl!

*List of all the Zoo's we have been to: Central Park, Calgary, Hogle, Santa Ana, Orange County, San Diego. (I've NEVER been to the Idaho Falls Zoo, if you can imagine!) (Click on the zoo name to go to that blog entry, if you're so inclined. Don't ask me why I didn't blog about the Hogle Zoo...) The people at Nate's work think we're a crazy zoo family. We can't help it, there are so many zoo's around here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We go to the zoo a lot too. Probably once a week, but most of the time without Chris- so I am definitely a crazy zoo person- you aren't alone! haha. And the sky train picture is so adorable.

MSR said...

Great Pics!! The girls seem so happy and gorgeous (as usual)... Also, I have to say that I really like Nate in his glasses lol...