Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Box

Well, my friends, the Russell Family has finally, FINALLY, entered that 21st century. We recently received our tax return, splurged, and got a 53 (I think...) inch LCD LED 3D TV (woah, that's a lot of caps). Yep, its big, crystal clear, and can turn any movie/show into 3D!! So awesome! We've been watching on Lord of the Rings in 3D, and its awesome. Look at that HUMONGUS box TV up there. Thank you, Nate's sister, Sarah, for giving us this TV when we got married almost five years ago, but that monstrosity is going to a little old lady tomorrow. (I chased her down at a garage sale where she was looking at buying a measly little TV for ten bucks! I told her we were giving her a huge one away, so she jumped on it!) We're loving it, and I'm excited to cancel cable and start streaming Netflix and Hulu. Ironically, I'm hoping that will cut drastically down on our TV watching now that we have a TV that doesn't whistle when its turned on. Here's to our last decent tax return!
PS The TV is now hung on the wall. It was pretty wobbly on that tiny night stand.

No comments: