Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nate

My wonderful husband is graduating from BYU-I on the 18th. Can you believe it? I can't. Nate has done so amazing in school. When we got married he had a 4.0, and I think I ruined it (or school got harder) cuz that fall semester he got an A- and he was so upset he was seriously considering re-taking it. I remember it was his Business Law class with Bro. Lee. I love that he was so distraught over it. He didn't retake it, and he has gotten a few more A-'s, but he is graduating with a 3.9 GPA. I am so proud of him I can't even describe it. The picture above is from last Thursday morning (7 am to be exact) Nate was invited to an awards breakfast. (The picture is kinda lame, I forgot my camera) It was a lot more intimate than I thought it would be, only four other students were there, as well as most of the accounting department. Nate was given the Fall 2009 Accounting Department Award. Each semester the teachers in the accounting department are given a list of graduating seniors, and they each select their top five students, not solely based on GPA (although that helps), but as well as participation in the department. Over the years Nate has not only been an amazing student, but has also been a tutor, went on an internship expedition, and interned in New York City. I'd say that's participation. I was truly so proud of Nate and was go glad I got to go to the breakfast. I am grateful for such an amazing man who works harder than anyone I have ever met. Someone who knows the importance of me needing to be home with the children. Someone who knows that education is the way to make that possible. Someone who I have no doubt will always provide for me, no matter what.
Grad school is coming up in August, so until then we're going to move in with my parents until the end of April until we figure out where that school is going to be. Life is just trucking along, Rachael is getting bigger, and we're loving every second of it. As this one door closes, I'm excited (and scared) to see where it will lead. I'm just so lucky and blessed to have such an amazing companion and best friend. I love you, Naterbug!

2 comments:

MSR said...

Great Job Nate! Thanks for stealing all my brain power. Eish... You can thank me later... lol Just kidding. But, all in all, you are the BEST!!!!
I will be there on Friday and Saturday (hopefully Saturday) to cheer you on!!!!!

Melanie and Curtis said...

Congratulations Nate. What an accomplishment. That is so impressive to get the results you did and still have a family. Way to be inspiring to us all. I can't wait to see you guys in a few days.