Friday, May 15, 2009

Random thankfulness

This is a picture taken in North Carolina. Life is still crazy so more to post later.

So Rachael hasn't been feeling too fantastic the last little while, just a runny nose and slight fever, and I am so grateful that my husband is letting me fulfill my dream of being a stay at home mom. I can't imagine what it would be like having to give my beautiful baby girl to someone else during the day, or on days when she is sick having to call someone to get permission to take care of her. I'm grateful that Nate is as understanding of the importance of being a mother as I am. Sure, its hard some days (a lot of days) and I truly do miss doing hair and taking a shower every day (haha), but in reality, I wouldn't change this. Now I just need to work on finding some friends for me and Rachael and life will be just peachy, minus the sickness and lack of sleep.

7 comments:

Stefani said...

It's always good to be thankful (even if it's random). It fills up your energy bucket.

A friend of mine just posted a great post on her blog about being a stay at home mom (btw, the greatest job in the world) go read it it's good.

www.lorenandannettesfamily.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

I'll be your friend! (I know, I know... we never see eachother.) I am glad for you too! I wish for every girl to be able to be a stay at home mom. (And I plan on it myself.) I know it is the best for Rachael. I hope you get all settled! Good luck! And thanks for volunteering to be my pickleball partner. (I'm sure you'd be better than me!) (I sure use parentheses a lot, huh? :)

Heidi said...

LOVe that little beauty. I have your package all ready to go it will be in the mail tomorrow - sorry it took so long!! Miss you - Heidi

Melanie and Curtis said...

Rachael..you are a cutie as always. It's too bad we didn't see you guys when you were here Erin. Let us know next time, ok?

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Oh my goodness Erin. I've been trying to leave you a comment for a while now, but nate changed our url to sign in and I couldn't figure it out. Anyways, Rachael is adorable as usual!! I miss you guys. Hope you are enjoying Rexburg and that you're are getting some moms together and going to Porter park to enjoy the sunshine!! I'm hoping to have the same job as you some day soon! (well I kind of already have it. and I'm loving it now that this nice weather is here)

Kim and Kyle said...

Hey erin i was just looking at kristin's blog and found yours and was just remembering when we used to be so little and had so much fun! Your daughter is so freaking cute! Anyways here's our address kimandkyleneva.blogspot.com and hopefully we can get back in touch!

L J Perotto said...

Hey! Glad to hear you're back in town! Your daughter is getting so big!I remember when mine was just learning to crawl, now she's almost a year old and walking and talking! Time flies doesn't it? I'm not doing much of anything these days so if you ever want to hang out, give me a ring! 403-4749